Wednesday, 1 July 2020 10:30
Due to the ongoing situation with the COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to extend our exam format changes from the June 2020 exam round to the September 2020 exam round. This means that for the September exam round, all exam units will continue to be assignments, and we will not be running any exams during this time.
Assignment briefs for these units that were released for the June 2020 exam round should be used again for September, as should the editable PDF documents for the front cover, progress tutorials etc.
For the September 2020 exam round, the following dates apply:
- Assessment Registration Deadline: 10th August 2020
- Late Assessment Registration Deadline: 24th August 2020 – please note that late registration fees will be applied
- Assignment Submission Deadline (including for those units that are usually exams): 1st September 2020
Please ensure learners are registered onto the qualification within one month of starting their course, and with plenty of time before the assessment registration deadline.
The CTH and ITH are aware of the difficulties currently being faced by ITH’s accredited training providers and enrolled students as we all struggle to cope with the impact of COVID-19.
CTH’s priority, as well as that of the ITH, remain helping learners progress to the next stage in their education, and the CTH has undertaken to award as many learners as possible within the OFQUAL guidelines. The CTH and ITH want to ensure that we are doing everything we can to best support our accredited providers and their learners at this time.
With this in mind, CTH has been taking guidance from its regulators, OFQUAL, as to how best to mitigate the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on learners’ ability to complete their qualifications as scheduled. CTH is still awaiting final sign-off from OFQUAL, but the CTH can confirm the following arrangements;
- As an ITH accredited training provider authorised to run CTH Management Programmes, the CTH will assist providers and students in the coming June assessment series by switching all CTH Management Programme examinations into assignments. This will enable students to complete their assessments whilst centres are closed and the conduct of exams is not possible.
- For subjects usually assessed by examination, the CTH will send new assignment briefs which will be shared with all ITH’s accredited training providers. These briefs will cover the Unit Learning Outcomes and Assessment Criteria as usual.
- To allow students a reasonable period of time to complete the new assignments, the submission deadline for these assignments have been extended. This also staggers the submission of existing and new assignments to reduce the burden on students and training providers to mark and internally verify additional assignments.
- Units normally assessed by assignment must be submitted by latest 1 June 2020, and the new assignments replacing exams, must be submitted by 12 June 2020.
Please see below a summary of the timelines below, and also a table of affected units showing the assignment submission deadlines:
|Qualification Level:||Exam Unit||Submission date for replacement assignment|
Issued to Centres: 7 May
|Assignment Unit||Submission date for assignment (usual submission date)|
|Level 3||EHRTH||12 June 2020 (latest)||THI||1st June 2020|
|EMCRTH||12 June 2020 (latest)||ETHO||1st June 2020|
|PFIB||12 June 2020 (latest)||Entrepreneurship)||1st June 2020|
|Level 4||CSMTH||12 June 2020 (latest)||FTH||1st June 2020|
|RDO||12 June 2020 (latest)||GTH||1st June 2020|
|FBO||12 June 2020 (latest)||RDS||1st June 2020|
|TTO||12 June 2020 (latest)||FBS||1st June 2020|
|TG||12 June 2020 (latest)||TTS||1st June 2020|
|DA||1st June 2020|
|Level 5||UFTH||12 June 2020 (latest)||HRMTHI||1st June 2020|
|SMTHI||12 June 2020 (latest)||CRMTHI||1st June 2020|
|CITHI||12 June 2020 (latest)||FBM||1st June 2020|
|FMTHI||1st June 2020|
|TOM||1st June 2020|
|STDD||1st June 2020|
|Level 6||BSHT||12 June 2020 (latest)||SIBE||1st June 2020|
|QMHT||12 June 2020 (latest)||MEHT||1st June 2020|
|EITI||12 June 2020 (latest)|
Friday, 27 March March 2020 14:40
We as ITH took the decision during the previous week to close our offices and work remotely and will continue to do so until the measures to combat the spread of the virus has been successful. We are committed to the Government’s regulations and will adhere to all interim measures put in place by government.
Please stay safe during this period and please subject yourself to the preventative measures put in place to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
Tuesday, 17 March 2020 13:30
In line with the Government measures put in place to manage the transmission of COVID-19, we have conducted a risk assessment and have initiated steps to ensure that we remain semi-operational, without compromising the health of our staff, students, customers, and suppliers.
We have decided on the following actions:
As a preventative action we will close all our physical sites as of Wednesday, 18 March until Friday, 17 April 2020. This in effect means that we will not allow any staff or visitors to enter any of our premises until further notice.
Many of our staff will be working remotely, and will be available online. Should you wish to contact us, please log a ticket via our Contact Us page on our website. Our phone lines will be down for the duration of the closure. Please bear with us as our turn-around times may be a bit slower, but we will be making every effort to attend to all queries.
We would like to reassure all our students, providers and business partners that we are committed to providing you with support and assistance during this period and will put measures in place to catch-up on time lost.
Monday, 16 March 2020 11:00
We acknowledge the immediate and potential impact of COVID-19 on our employees, members, providers and South Africa as a whole.
We have established a working committee to initiate and action measures to minimise the impact it may have on our employees, members and providers.
Please bear with us, while we determine the best course of action. Once this has been done, we will update this article with the relevant actions.
Specific Corona Related Queries:
We encourage all members to make use of the Official Government COVID-19 Support Service: Whatsapp “hi” to +27600123456 which will provide you with a menu to choose from to get the correct answers. Alternatively you can access the official Government COVID-10 Resource Portal at this link.
You can also make use of the SA hotline – 08000 29999, should you present with symptoms of the Corona Virus.