Professional Skills Prospectus
PDF Document | 1.31m
The short course in Sabre GDS gives access to Sabre’s own training programme, which has been developed by the most experienced trainers in the travel industry, making it industry relevant. The course is fully endorsed by Sabre and GTMC. This Sabre GDS course equips students with a thorough knowledge and understanding of the Sabre GDS, combining online study with practical exercises, creating, retaining, retrieving and amending complex travel itineraries.
- A good knowledge of English, or successful completion of the CTH Level 1 Diploma in English Communication for Tourism and Hospitality.
- Access the Sabre system.
- Request and interpret availability and timetable screens.
- Book the most suitable flights for the client’s itinerary.
- Input mandatory and optional information.
- Add, amend and cancel passenger information and requests.
- Recognise different fare types.
- Access and apply the relevant fare rules.
- Obtain the most appropriate fare quote for the itinerary’s requirements.
- Interpret the booking history.
- Work with the Sabre Queuing System.
Assessments & Exams
- The Sabre System
What You Get