Professional Skills Prospectus
PDF Document | 1.31m
The short course in VA-1 Fares and Ticketing by Virgin Atlantic is an industry-standard travel training programme from Virgin Atlantic and the GTMC (Guild of Travel Management Companies). Launched in 2003, this qualification provides a great foundation by setting the standard in training for people who want to enhance their travel industry skills or join the travel industry.
- The qualification has been designed to allow open access to all candidates.
- Define IATA geographical areas and Global Routing Indicators.
- Calculate fares applying the fundamental principles of the mileage system.
- Identify differing fare types and their characteristics.
- Select the lowest applicable fare for point to point itineraries with reference to fare rules.
- Interpret various airline codings.
- Construct fares using NUCs and the IATA Rates of Exchange for a range of currencies.
- Identify all automated tickets, from tickets to ATBs and OPTAT/TAT and interpret all relevant information.
- Interpret all MPDs/MCOs.
Assessments & Exams
What You Get