Professional Skills Prospectus
PDF Document | 1.31m
The short course in VA-2 Advanced Fares and Ticketing by Virgin Atlantic has been developed by some of the travel industry’s top course writers. These are qualifications that not only improve the promotion and employment prospects of the student, but also help build the staff skills-base that will ensure the long term continued expansion of the wider tourism and travel sectors. VA-2 has been designed to give you a thorough understanding of fare construction principles, building on your VA-1 knowledge with step by step stages of new principles of fare construction, which enables you to calculate and recognise more complex fares.
- The qualification has been designed to allow open access to all candidates.
- Construct fares for multi-sector journeys, applying the mileage system, higher intermediate points and minimum fare checks.
- Apply add-ons to construct unpublished fares.
- Identify differing fare types and their characteristics.
- Calculate fares for journeys with surface sectors.
- Calculate fares for journeys involving side trips.
- Assess fares for journeys involving different classes of service.
- Construct special fares for multi-sector journeys with and without surface sectors.
- Complete automated and manual fare calculation areas in detail.
Assessments & Exams
What You Get